Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bible Markings for Colossians 1

For the index for the Colossians Series, click here.

Photo Credit
Today I thought I'd take a quick break from our key words in Colossians (and give some of you a chance to catch up!) and show you what my markings for Colossians look like.**

All the pictures are from the print-outs in my binder of Colossians.


I always underline the author of the epistle in blue.


I also mark the Divine terms the same each time using three corners of a triangle (for the Trinity) all in purple markings.  God is the top of the pyramid, Jesus is the right corner (with a cross formed), and...


...the Spirit is the left corner (with a cloud).


The recipients are underlined in orange.


Boxes, circles, and other geometric shapes are great choices.


I used a small stop-sign symbol in red with a "W" for warnings.  The blue boxes are commands and instructions.


Finally, I used a green box marking for Gospel.  You can see I marked synonyms and pronouns the same way.
**For a complete look at how to mark your Bible, see my page here.


If you are having trouble remembering your markings, use an index card or create a separate binder page to catalog the markings.

No comments:

Post a Comment