Monday, April 14, 2014

What does Colossians reveal about Jesus Christ?

Merry Monday!  It's officially Week 2 of our study in Colossians!
For the index for the Colossians Study, click here.

Photo Credit
There is so much to learn about Christ in the book of Colossians that I actually made four lists in my study, one for each chapter of the book.

I noticed that I had a very long list for chapter 1 (20+ things), medium-sized lists for chapters 2 and 3 (about 15 each), and a very short list for chapter 4 (only 4 things).  This tells me that we will probably learn the most about Christ in the beginning parts of the book and other themes/people will be emphasized at the end of the book.  This is something to tuck away as we move forward in our study.

Again, I morphed my lists into a few key points:


While there is much more to learn about Jesus through the book of Colossians, this short list is certainly a head start!


This list will reveal the theme of the book and prepare us to move forward.

Look for repeated words (like "gospel" and "pray/prayer") or ideas (being dead and made alive) to get started.

To my readers: Thank you so much for joining me in this study!  Don't be afraid to leave comments with any questions or thoughts as we journey together!  I would love to hear what ideas and information you learned through your personal study.

No comments:

Post a Comment